Thursday 15 May 2014

#BringBackOurGirls

I have been scrolling through the Herald newspaper online, and this article caught my eye. I have been hearing about this story for quite a while, but I didn't know what happened to them, how they were kidnapped and where they were kidnapped. So I finally found an article and News story about them and found out more about what happened.

Here are my six- quick facts about the missing Nigerian girls.
1. The Herald article says that there were 220 Nigerian girls that were taken from their families but then I saw 3 News story who said that there were 270???? So not sure how many girls are missing.
2. We do know that the Nigerian girls have been missing for a whole month.
3. The girls are from a small village called Chibok in Nigeria.
4. There was a video clip showing some of the missing Nigerian girls.
5.  A father saw his daughter in the video clip and that she looked sad.
6. People from around the world and some celebrities have been tweeting the hashtag "#BringBackOurGirls" which has been tweeted 2.1 million times.

I'll be praying for them and I hope you do too.   

Hannah T signing off.


#

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah I really like how you wanted to know about the Nigerian girls and I liked how you cared about when the girls come back.Keep on the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leila! Thanks For Commenting On My Blog >.<
    Your Friend, Hannah.

    ReplyDelete