Wednesday 6 August 2014

#Cook Island Language Week Part 2!!

As you all know it's Cook Island Language week. For the next couple of days, I will be giving you some Cook Island words and I will be translating the English way of say it I will continue with the paragraph that I posted a couple of days ago. My first post...Part 1!!.

Cook Island Saying: Kia Orana, Toku Ingoa Ko Hannah Tiniteila Tetini-Luatutu. Ko Haumata Timoteo Hewett te ingoa O toku Mama Ruau. Ko Cramand Teaukura Hewett te ingoa O toku Papa Ruhau.

English Saying: Hello. My name is Hannah Tiniteila Tetini-Luatutu. Haumata Timoteo Hewett is the name of my grandmother. Cramand Teaukura Hewett is the name of my grandfather.

E tai ngauru ma rua oku mataiti - I am 12 years old.

E rua oku teina e tai tungane - I have 2 sisters and 1 brother

E aaere ana au ki te apii Pt England School - I go to Point England School.

Kia Orana, Toku Ingoa Ko Hannah Tiniteila Tetini-Luatutu. Ko Haumata Timoteo Hewett te ingoa O toku Mama Ruau. Ko Cramand Teaukura Hewett te ingoa O toku Papa Ruhau. E tai ngauru ma rua oku mataiti. E rua oku teina e tai tungane. E aaere ana au ki te apii Pt England School 

No comments:

Post a Comment