Monday 19 August 2013

Going to Auckland University!

On Monday the 19th of August the ambassadors went to Auckland University to speak to the students who were training to become teachers.  Having to speak in front of the students was going to be fun and scary at the same time.

As soon as we drove through the gates there were a lot of students all over the place. When we got out of the van they were all staring at us as we walked passed. Then this lady came over and said her name which was Lynn and that we were going to speak to her class.

At first I thought her class was going to be a normal class but when we saw the seating area I was a little scared. I tried to get it out of my mind, I went to play with the chairs. When I was playing with the chairs there were little desks that were connected to the seat.

When Mrs Burt told us to sit down the first student walked in then another then another, then all of the seats were all gone. That's when we had to say our speeches.

As we finished our speeches we had to get a hand full of chocolates. I got four and the others had 5 or 6. When we were jumping into the car, we were talking all the way to school.

But guess what! As soon as we got to school the bell rang and we couldn't play.  That was so unfair!
My favourite part of the day was getting to talk in front of Auckland University students. I would just like to say "THANK YOU A.U!"

Hannah T - signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment