Wednesday 23 July 2014

#My Birthday =)

During the school holidays, it was my birthday. For my birthday, I had my friends come over and play amazing race. As soon as Leila arrived to my house, my mum went to pick up my friends. When Leila and I were waiting for my mum, we were watching scary pranks.

As soon as my mum got home, Leila and I ran down stairs and gave them hugs. While we were heading up stairs, all the girls were giving me their presents. For my presents, I got a lot of money and 2 pairs of T- shirts. When the girls were all there, we finally got into teams. I was the leader for my team and Asena was the leader for her team. For the first challenge we had to pick a team member.

 For my team we nominated Iron to do the first challenge and from the other team, Josephine had to do it. The first challenge was a individual task and the task had cups filled with lollies, fish, chips and other stuff. After you have eaten the things in the cup, you had to read the bottom to see what the next clue was.

 As soon as we started the challenge, Josephine got the first cup right, it said "Where Do I Get The" When we heard that they got the first one, we were screaming at Iron saying "HURRY UP!" or " Try That One!" Iron finally got one right with the disgusting fish that she had to chew and gulp. Suddenly Iron choose the cup filled with peas and then we found the second clue, which said " Envelopes from?" When we put the cups together, we finally got the answer. The answer was the mail box.

So we quickly ran to the mail box and found the next clue. While we were reading it, we saw the other team running up to the letter box. When they slid the clue out of the letter box, we quickly ran back to the house. As we were heading up stairs, we saw the other team following us. "Ahhhh did you even read the clue?" We asked. "Of course we did" they answered back. My team didn't really care, because we were running out of time. As soon as we got into the house, we got straight into the next challenge.

The next challenge was a pair challenge. So the challenge included chillies and peas. From my group the 2 people were, Jordenne and I. Jordenne ate the long chilly, and I ate the little chilly with the peas. I thought the chillies were really hot, but they actually weren't. But when I ate the peas, my mouth was burning hot. When our plate had nothing on it, we got our next clue. As soon as we got the clue we saw a word that included going to another place.

We quickly headed to the car and went straight to my church, Grace International. The challenge included spoons and eggs. The challenge looked so easy, but it wasn't -.-  As soon as we got there, we quickly got our spoon and egg and ran to the end of the basket ball court and passed to the next person. Iron went first for our group and I was last. I was so scared because I didn't want my egg to drop. When our group finished, we snatched the clue off of my mother. The next clue included the Library.

While we were driving to the library, we were reading the clue properly. It said "Find three books that Roald Dahl wrote and give the library reference code to the other two team members where they have to locate the books" So my group was thinking about the title of one of his books, and we got, The BFG, Charlie and the chocolate factory and Matilda.

As soon as we got there, quickly ran into the library. We saw the other team, and they had 2 books already! So we had to find the other book. Two of us girls had to sit down and the other two had to look for the 1 book. As we were spying at the other team, we saw them hide the 2 books from us. We were confused but then they told us they had to find the last one. When we heard that, we were so happy so we were all over the place looking for the last one.

As soon as we saw this lady pushing a trolley, we saw the title "BFG" I couldn't believe it, so I walked to the trolley and stole the book. We went to go and show my dad but then we forgot the other 2 books. When we were getting the other books, we saw one of the other team member's watching us. So we quickly got the books and ran to my dad. When we finished the challenge we quickly hid the books and got the final clue. The final clue included the pools.










So we went straight into the car and headed to the motorway. When we were in the car waiting for traffic, we called my mum to see if she was ok. So we did and she said she found the books and their nearly there. But guess what? The pools were all the way in Parakai, so we didn't believe her. But then we heard her reverse and we did, so my dad was driving faster so we could win. The clue said "All your team members have to go down the slide at the same time and the first team wins the whole thing" After we read the clue, all we saw were sings that said "Welcome To Parakai!" or "Parakai!!" and that's when we knew we were there.

When we finally got there, all the members in my group got changed and ran straight to the slide. While we were walking up the stairs, we saw the other group come threw the doors with their togs on. Then they were running to the slide, they saw us and had angry faces.

At the end of the day, we won and had a lot of fun. My highlight was stealing the books off of the other team.

HannahT signing out- Au revoir (Bye in French)


3 comments:

  1. Wow Hannah I don't know where too start?
    It is very detailed and lots of information in it, reminder keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah. It sound like you had an amazing birthday!!!!!
    - Jess Huys, Student Teacher- University of Canterbury

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Keis and Jess! Thanks For Commenting On My Blog! I Actually Did Have An Amazing Birthday! >.< Love You Guys Loads.

    HannahT

    ReplyDelete