Monday 10 February 2014

Gardening with my Grandpa

Parking up in Bunnings, I asked my papa " What are we getting?". As my grandpa was getting out of the car, he quickly said "Plants for the garden" When he was walking off, I was quietly moaning "Oh no, we're gardening."

While my nana and I were waiting, I was looking out for my grandpa. Finally I saw his white T-shirt through the glass window. As he was walking up to the car, I saw him holding seven plants in both of his hands. " Gosh! You took about an hour just to get 7 plants".  My Papa said that it wasn't his fault because there was a good sale going on. So off we went heading back home into the garden.

"Dig! Dig!" My grandpas was shouting at me. "I am!" I said with a sweaty face. As I finished digging, my grandpa quickly poured water in the hole and placed the cabbage plant in there. "Ok. Next one." My grandpa finally says with a calm voice. " Can we have a break now?" I say with a big smile. " No! Only 7 more to go!" My grandpa says with a red face.

As I finished the last seven, I quickly went for a shower because I had dirt everywhere. My highlight was hanging out and gardening with my grandpa.

This is Hannah T signing out.

3 comments:

  1. You will get a lot of satisfaction watching the plants grow and then harvesting your hard work. Gardening is a great skill to have. You will always have fresh vegetables for dinner. I am sure your grandpa enjoyed having you help him. Great piece of writing Hannah. I can visualise you working hard in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hello" hannah,
    That was a great piece of writing you got there I like reading it because It made me laugh how you had to dig a whole for the plants. Keep up the great work hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Paget and Asena! Thanks for coming on my blog and commenting!

    From HannahT (Your student and friend)
    >.<

    ReplyDelete