Monday 30 November 2015

#Manaikalani Film Festival =)

“Hi my name is Iisa... and I’m Jordan” Jordan says bugging Iisa away trying to get more of the spotlight. Iisa and Jordan were our class presenters representing us at the Manaiakalani Film Festival. As you may know the Manaiakalani schools have a special event every year called, The Manaiakalani Film Festival. For the past 5 years the event has been held at the cinemas in Sylvia Park called Hoyts.

We didn’t really get an opportunity to watch other videos from other schools, other than Ruapotaka. The reason being is that, we were combined with some students from Ruapotaka. So we had presenters from both Ruapotaka and present class movies.

This year was Ruapotakas first time submitting movies to the Manaiakalani Film Festival, so they didn’t have many movies to present. We had the slotted time of, 10:45 in cinema 7. As the lights dimmed I look to my left and my friends, Ana and Jennifer, wriggle around to find a comfortable position.

We had presenters from all schools from our cluster. There were, primary, intermediate and college presenters and they were all awesome. They spoke loudly and confidently. I was absolutely impressed by the way the juniors were presenting in front of a packed crowd. The movies were all awesome and made everybody smile from ear to ear.

My favourite movie was, The Journey, made by some students from Ruapotaka. I enjoyed this movie because it was unique and we also learnt a lot from the 3 minute movie. The movie was about being cyber smart and by that they turned it into a little music video. If you want to check it out here’s the link "Cybersmart".

I can’t say i’m excited for next year but I can say, I hope next year will have more awesome movies and more to learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment