Monday 23 February 2015

#Singing The Cook Island National Anthem!!! =D

As you all know, I love to sing. I had an opportunity last Saturday to sing both the Cook Island and New Zealand national anthem for the under 20's Cook Island rugby boys vs Tonga game. The game was held at Sacred Heart College.

I was sooo excited but I was also a little shy because I had to learn the words in 4 hours! I'm not really good at remembering words, ecspecially words in another language... "BUT!" I wanted to learn the words because I wanted to perform in front of my grandparents so that they knew how proud I am to be a Cook Islander.

As soon as we parked up, I could feel my goose bumps popping out. "You alright?" My mum said with a little grin. "Of course! I think it's just a little cold. Are you cold?!" I asked, trying to change the subject. "You'll be fine! Just look at nana and papa and you'll be good." My mum said with a gentle voice. "Hannah Tetini?! Hannah Tetini?!" Ana screamed threw the microphone. "Go baby you can do this =)" My mum carmly whispered.

I walked to the center of the field to get ready." As we were walking, I see more people coming towards the seats.  I could feel myself getting nervous as I grabbed the microphone and looking towards the crowd I see my grandparents waving and smiling at me, that made me feel confident.  I sang first then the Tongan singer went second and then we sand the NZ national anthem together.  I felt more confident as I sang more and could see my family.

I had a lot of fun meeting new people and hopefully i can do it again.

Hannah T signing out.





No comments:

Post a Comment